See what we discovered from the research...
Results of a 2-year long waitlist-control mixed-methods study on Integra YW, including 3 waves of YW participants, show that parents reported significant changes in two areas:
1. Increases in their child’s ability to self-soothe (p = .012)
2. Decreases in their child’s level of anger and frustration (p = .049)
Also significant, was an exceptionally high level of engagement for mental health programming: clients/students attending an average of 18 (out of 20) classes/wave.
- Changes in emotion regulation.
- Process of mastery/rising to the challenge (physical challenge, tests, client-centred/individually tailored, scaffolding)
- Sense of belonging and connectedness
- Learning and retention of therapeutic skills in self-regulation